Follow the planning process of the wedding of Matt & Jess taking place on June 9, 2012

Friday, May 13, 2011

Music

My latest obsession has been finding ideas for the music for the ceremony and reception (my list is a page on the right hand side of the blog). Wedding wire was super helpful but now I'm even more obsessed with finding more songs for the prelude and postlude from movies. Not just any kind of movie songs, but ones with no words with a feel like Casper's Lullaby and the Feather Theme from Forrest Gump. I think I'll start with some movie songs and then have the organ/piano sneak in and play some songs before the ceremony as well.

I am in love with this idea and I am having issues finding more songs like these even though I know that when I watch movies, music is one of the biggest things I recognize (I'm a band geek).

I'm trying to use Amazon.com to listen to samples of movie soundtracks but I'm not having much luck as of yet. It is fun though, so that counts for something.

Listened to Inception (yeah no...) and I'm going to try Fantasia next.

Youtube has proven to be far more useful.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Created by Wedding Favors